Sunday, March 29, 2009

Despedidas de Todos


First, as I know this is every parent and relative's main concern, I'll mention that we made it back to Colby safely and without incident.

I could talk about how quickly the past week went by, but I won't. I can't do that, because we did everything to the fullest, and that's really all that matters. We learned about the foundations of tango, shopped for fine Argentinian leather, discussed the (positive) effects on tourism from the 2001 currency devaluation, and made older women cry with joy at hearing our performance of Biebl's Ave Maria. We met a 24 year-old Argentinian woman who taught English as well as a man in his 40s or 50s who had taught Spanish in Maine. And the personal relationships we forged and strengthened between ourselves in chorale...well, they simply wouldn't have happened without this trip. In sum, it was a trip as vibrant as the horse pictured above.

There a dozens of thank-yous that should be elaborated here, but I'm only going to mention the most important one - and that's to Paul. I don't want the following to be self-denegrating, but since the following example pertains to the author of this post, it's going to be: young and single males are not an easy group to manage, especially when in a group. They can easily be the most unruly faction, yet Paul was magnificent at turning this seemingly restiveness into passion. And for that specific ability, I give him my personal applause. Paul, thanks for providing us with friends and memories to last a lifetime.

Un abrazo fuerte,
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment